Important Note: The drive listed on this page is only for replacing the original optical drive that shipped in the Cube or for replacing an internal CD-ROM drive, DVD-ROM drive or CD-R/RW only drive.
If you have a Power Mac G4 Cube that currently has a CD-R/RW/DVD-ROM Combo drive or a DVD-R/RW drive installed, then please see item number CUBEDVDR8DL-A instead.
Burn Double Layer DVDs on your Power Mac G4 Cube!
The MCE 8X Internal SuperDrive Upgrade with Double Layer support is the most technically advanced optical drive ever creaed for the Power Mac G4 Cube. Recording at 8X to both DVD-R and DVD+R media the MCE 8X Internal SuperDrive upgrade brings the Power Mac G4 Cube on par with even the fastest drives Apple offers for their Power Mac G5 towers... even more amazing is that the MCE 8X SuperDrive upgrade has true Double Layer support which means you now have the ability to record up to 8.5GB of data on a single side of a Double Layer DVD.
The additional storage capacity of the DVD+R Double Layer disc enables you to record up to 4 hours of DVD-quality video or 16 hours of VHS-quality video, without the need to turn over the disc. You can now archive up to 8.5 Gbytes of computer files on a single disc, which almost doubles the storage capacity compared with the 4.7Gbytes for the single-layer DVD-recordable discs currently available.
The MCE 8x Internal SuperDrive Upgrade is a dual drive and records to both DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW media. It also reads and writes standard CD-R/RW media and is compatible with all of Apple's iApps including iTunes, iDVD, iPhoto, and Finder Burning.
MCE's new 8x DVD-Recordable drive for the Power Mac G4 Cube offers unprecedented media interchangeability and seven times the capacity of CD-R and CD-RW. The MCE 8x SuperDrive with Double Layer support reads industry-standard DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD+R DL, CD-ROM, CD-R/RW, CD-DA, Photo CD, and Video CD media.
You may install it yourself or, if you are not so inclined, you may have the MCE 8x SuperDrive upgrade professionally installed into your Power Mac G4 Cube by MCE Technologies or one of our worldwide Authorized Upgrade Centers.
- Write up to 8.5GB onto a single side of dual-layer DVD media
- All-in-one DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW and CD-R/RW recorder designed to offer the widest possible playback compatibility.
- Record to DVD media at up to 8x speed and to CD media at up to 24x speed.
- Convenient slot-loading mechanism
- 2MB cache buffer
- Buffer underrun protection
- Compatible with iDVD, iTunes, iPhoto, Finder Burning, DVD Studio Pro, and Apple DVD Player
- Type: Internal
- Data Buffer: 2 MB
- Loading Method: Slot load
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 128 X 12.7 X 129mm
- Warranty: 1 year
- DVD-R 4.7GB, DVD-RW 4.7GB, DVD+R 4.7GB, DVD+RW 4.7GB, DVD-R DL 8.5GB, DVD+R DL 8.5GB
- CD-R 700MB (Type 80), CD-R 650MB (Type 74), Multi-Speed CD-RW, High Speed CD-RW, Ultra-Speed CD-RW
- DVD-ROM, DVD-Video
- DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL
- CD-ROM (Mode 1 & 2), CD-ROM XA,
- CD-DA, Video CD, Photo-CD, CD EXTRA
- CD-Text, CD-R, CD-RW
Write Speed (max):
- DVD-R: 8X
- DVD-RW: 6X
- DVD+R: 8X
- DVD+RW: 4X
- DVD-R DL: 4X
- DVD+R DL: 4X
- CD-R: 24X
- CD-RW: 24X
- DVD: Max 8X CAV
- CD-ROM: Max 24X CAV
Minimum System Requirements:
- Power Mac G4 Cube with CD-ROM drive, DVD-ROM drive or CD-R/RW only drive; Mac OS X (10.2.x; 10.3.6 or later)
- Internal 8x DVD-/+R/RW ATAPI/IDE Drive
- Software drivers CD
- (1) Blank DVD-R Disc
- Illustrated Installation Guide