- Fastest 1TB Internal Upgrade Available for your MacBook Air 2015 or 2017: MCE 1TB PCIe-based Flash Drive operating at 1550MB/s Read and 1450MB/s Write speeds!
- All-in-one PCIe-based flash drive upgrade solution means you have everything you need to get the job done quickly and correctly.
- Highest performance drive ever created for the MacBook Air that is able to keep up with the way you work.
- High-capacity PCIe-based flash drive available so you can work the way you want to without having to lug around external drives.
- Compatibility: Compatible with macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra) and later as well as Windows installations using Apple's Boot Camp or virtualization software.
|Link Width||x4 (4 Lanes)|
|Link Speed||5.0 GT/s|
|OS X Boot Camp Support||Yes|
|Max Transfer Rates (Read, Write)||1550MB/s, 1350MB/s|
- 1GB equals one billion bytes when referring to hard drive capacity; accessible capacity may be less.
What is NVMe? Solid State Drives (SSDs), by their nature, are able to perform many times faster than previous interfaces, such as SATA or AHCI, have been capable of supporting and the interface itself became the bottleneck, slowing down overall drive speed. The NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) interface was developed from the ground up by a consortium of SSD-industry related companies specifically for Solid State Drives (SSDs) attached to the PCI Express (PCIe) bus and takes full advantage of the SSD's super-fast architecture, parallelism, and extremely low latencies when compared to prior storage interfaces. The NVMe interface is also more efficient than previous interfaces, including the one used by your current SSD, and requires fewer CPU cycles for storage management which, in addition to its already ultra-high read and write performance speeding up your MacBook Air, means your machine will be able to get other work done more quickly. Apple has supported NVMe on the Mac since 2016, but only on certain machines. The latest macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) update enables the MacBook Air 2015 and MacBook Air 2017 to also take advantage of the super-fast and more efficient NVMe interface. The MCE 1TB PCIe-based NVMe Flash Storage SSD 4 lane (x4) Upgrade Solution for the MacBook Air 2015 and 2017 represents the fastest drive ever created for the MacBook Air. In addition to the 1TB NVMe SSD, this upgrade includes all the necessary tools to perform the upgrade as well as an illustrated installation and upgrade guide. Everything you need to upgrade your machine is included.
- MacBook Air (Early 2015)
Model Identifier: MacBookAir7,1 and MacBookAir7,2
- MacBook Air (Mid 2017)
Model Identifier: MacBookAir7,2
You can find your MacBook Air's Model Identifier by clicking on the Apple menu (at the upper left of your screen). Select "About This Mac", then on the next window click on the "System Report" button and your Mac's Model Identifier will be listed near the top of the next window that appears.
USB 3.0 Enclosure for your Original Drive
If you'd like to make quick work of the installation and data migration process then pickup our USB 3.0 Enclosure. It's compact, portable, bootable, and can house your original Apple SSD and, when used with the included cloning software, it makes transitioning to your new drive quick and painless.