Installation of this drive into your MacBook Pro is a breeze, and we supply you with the tools to do it and illustrated installation guide. But if you are not comfortable with working on your system, you may have the upgrade professionally installed into your computer by MCE Technologies or one of our worldwide Authorized Upgrade Centers.
If you would like MCE to install the upgrade for you, we offer the following options:
Please note that shipping times are in reference to business days (holidays and weekends are not included in these times). Please also note that the original internal optical drive (and hard drive, if also upgraded) are not returned. The Supreme SuperDrive Upgrade Service is available only to customers with a Ship To address located in the continental 48 United Sates.
- With the Supreme SuperDrive Upgrade Service ($99), MCE will overnight you a shipping package and overnight return shipping label that you may use to send your computer to the MCE Service Center for upgrade. Once MCE has performed the upgrade(s), usually within 2-3 business days, MCE will ship the computer back to you according to the shipping option selected at the time the order was placed.
- With the Standard SuperDrive Upgrade Service ($49), once you order the MCE upgrade online here, you make arrangements to ship your computer to the MCE Service Center at the address shown below using packaging that you supply. It's suggested that you use the computer's original packaging, or comparably protective packaging. Once MCE has performed the upgrade(s), usually within 2-3 business days, MCE will ship the computer back to you according to the shipping option selected at the time the order was placed using the same packaging in which MCE received the computer.
If it is more convenient, you may also purchase this upgrade from an MCE Authorized Upgrade Center which will also generally charge a service fee, but may allow you to be without your computer for a shorter time since they can usually perform the upgrade for you while you wait. Call them for details.
The procedure to follow if you choose to have MCE perform the installation:
- Select from the options above and place your order with us here online, or by calling 800-500-0622. International customers, please call 909-599-3105.
- As with any major upgrade to your computer, it is wise to back up any important data from your computer's internal hard drive before having the upgrade performed on the computer.
- If applicable, disable any password protection that is enabled on your computer.
- Write down the username and password if necessary for login and include this in the package you send.
- Pack up your computer. Include the battery installed in the computer, but not the AC adapter. Also include username and password info if necessary for logging in to the computer. Suitable packaging consists of either the computer's original box and padding or a comparably protective package. Do not send the computer in any of the slim boxes that many of the major shipping companies offer, as these do not provide sufficient protection for your laptop. If you no longer have the original box, FedEx sells a laptop-shipping package, specifically designed for shipping laptop computers, at any of their staffed locations.
- Send the computer to the address below. You may send the unit to MCE by the courier of your choice. We do recommend using a courier service with which you can insure and track the progress of the shipment.
433 W Allen Ave, Ste. 112
San Dimas, CA 91773
attn: (your order number)
MCE telephone: (909) 599-3105