fovea /fo·vea/ (fo´ve-ah) n. Small area of the retina responsible for the highest acuity of vision. The fovea comprises less than 1% of retinal size but takes up over 50% of the visual cortex in the brain.
Sleek and sophisticated, the new aluminum MCE Fovea Extreme 3 USB 3.0 Blu-ray/DVD/CD Recordable Drive connects directly to your Mac and allows you to watch Blu-ray titles in all their stunning high definition and magnificence precisely the way they were meant to be watched. The MCE Fovea Extreme 3 also records onto Blu-ray media so once you're finished editing your high definition masterpieces you can record them onto Blu-ray discs and watch them on standard set-top Blu-ray players or record data, images, music, or video onto Blu-ray Discs for distribution or archival purposes. The MCE Fovea Extreme is compatible with ALL Macs with a USB 3.0 port (backwards compatible with USB 2.0) including the iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac mini. At less than a pound, it travels light and fits neatly into your laptop case or any travel bag. It's bootable, great for installing software, and plays and burns Blu-ray (BD) Discs, DVDs and CDs.
- Watch visually stunning commercial High Definition Blu-ray movies right on your MacBook Pro with Retina Display, iMac and iMac 5K, MacBook Air, Mac mini, or any Mac with USB Port!
- Optional Mac Blu-ray Player Software for watching commercial Blu-ray* and DVD movies on your Mac!
- Elegant Aluminum enclosure with front eject button and activity LED
- Blu-ray BD-R and BD-RE (Rewritable) Single and Dual Layer Burning!
- Can burn to Blu-ray BDXL Triple Layer (TL) 100GB and Quad Layer (QL) 128GB BD-R XL and Triple Layer BD-RE XL media!
- Compatible with M-Disc 25GB, 50GB, and 100GB Blu-ray discs designed to last up to 1000 years for archiving those important documents and photos!
- Double and Dual Layer DVD Burning!
- All-in-one BD-R/RE, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-R/RW, DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL reader/recorder designed to offer the widest possible playback compatibility.
- Record to Blu-ray media at up to 6x speed, DVD media at up to 8x speed and to CD media at up to 24x speed.
- Write movies, music and data to 25GB or 50GB Blu-ray media, 4.7GB DVD media or 8.5GB double-layer/dual-layer media
- 5.8MB cache buffer
- Buffer underrun protection
- Compatible with iDVD, iTunes, iPhoto, Finder Burning, DVD Studio Pro, Final Cut Pro/Studio, Compressor, Roxio Toast, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Encore, Adobe Elements1
The aluminum MCE Fovea Extreme 3 USB 3.0 Blu-ray/DVD/CD Recordable Drive is compatible with M-Disc Blu-ray media. With M-Disc media the drive actually etches your information onto the surface of the disc and the shelf life of this media has been military tested and proven to exceed 1000 years. This means that long after normal media deteriorates, the documents, photos, and video you save onto M-Disc Blu-ray discs will be readable and retrievable pretty much forever.
- Type: External
- Interface: USB 3.0
- Data Buffer: 5.8 MB
- Loading Method: Tray
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5.8 x 0.8 x 6.0 inches
- Net Weight: 15 ounces
- Warranty: 1 year
- BD-R 25GB / 50GB, BD-RE 25GB / 50GB, BD-R XL (TL/QL) 100GB / 128GB, BD-RE XL (TL) 100GB, M-Disc BD-R 25GB / 50GB, M-Disc BD-R XL (TL) 100GB
- DVD-R 4.7GB, DVD-RW 4.7GB, DVD+R 4.7GB, DVD+RW 4.7GB, DVD+R DL 8.5GB, DVD-R DL 8.5GB
- CD-R 700MB (Type 80), CD-R 650MB (Type 74), Multi-Speed CD-RW,CD-RW, High Speed CD-RW
- BD-ROM (Single & Dual Layer)
- BD-R / BD-R LTH (Single Layer/Dual Layer)
- BD-RE (Single Layer/Dual Layer)
- BD-R XL (Triple Layer/Quad Layer)
- BD-RE XL (Triple Layer)
- DVD-ROM & DVD-Video (Single & Dual Layer)
- DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL
- CD-ROM (Mode 1 and 2), CD-ROM XA
- CD-DA, Video CD, Photo-CD, CD EXTRA
- CD-Text, CD-R, CD-RW
|BD-R / BD-R LTH (Single Layer/Dual Layer)
||6x (SL) / 4.5x (DL)
|BD-RE (Single Layer/Dual Layer)
||2x (SL) / 2x (DL)
|BD-R (Triple Layer/Quad Layer)
||4x (TL) / 4x (QL)
|BD-RE (Triple Layer)
|DVD-R (Single Layer/Dual Layer)
||8x (SL) / 6x (DL)
|DVD+R (Single Layer/Double Layer)
||8x (SL) / 6x (DL)
- iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or Mac mini with USB 3.0 Port (Backwards compatible with USB 2.0)
- Mac OS 10.5 thru 10.12 (Sierra)
- Optional Mac Blu-ray Player Software requires: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor or Better, or any i5 or i7 processor plus 4GB RAM or more for smooth playback of commercial Blu-ray titles.