Author, Archive, and Play Blu-ray Disc media on your Mac!
PRODUCT UPDATE: Watch your favorite Blu-ray titles in stunning high definition directly on your Mac with the free Mac Blu-ray Player Software now included with every Blu-ray drive from MCE Technologies!
Blu-ray Disc (BD) technology, with its ability to record to 25GB single-layer, 50GB dual-layer discs, 100GB triple-layer, and 128GB quad-layer Blu-ray media is the next generation in optical disc storage and MCE Technologies has brought it to the Mac. In addition to writing to 25GB single-layer and 50GB dual-layer Blu-ray discs and up to 128GB BDXL discs, the MCE Technologies 16X Blu-ray External Recordable Drive is compatible with all DVD and CD recordable media including DVD+/-R/RW + Dual/Double Layer, DVD-RAM, and CD-R and CD-RW. The MCE Technologies 16X Blu-ray External Recordable Drive includes a free 25GB Blu-ray (BD-RE) rewritable disc. You may also purchase Roxio Toast 14 Titanium which includes the Blu-ray Plugin for $80, almost half off the retail price of $149!
- All-in-one recorder designed to offer the widest possible burning compatibility
- Read and record Blu-ray media at up to 16x speeds!
- Author hi-def Blu-ray videos using optional Roxio Toast, Adobe, or Apple Final Cut software
- Archive up to 25GB on single-layer or up to 50GB on dual-layer Blu-ray media
- Author movies, write music and data to 25GB and 50GB Blu-ray media, 4.7GB DVD media or 8.5GB double-layer/dual-layer media
- M-Disc Blu-ray and DVD Compatible for Permanent Archiving
- Watch commercial Blu-ray movies right on your Mac with the bundled Mac Blu-ray Player Software.*
- 4MB cache buffer
- Buffer underrun protection
- Type: External
- Interface: USB 3.0 (Backwards Compatible with USB 2.0)
- Data Buffer: 4MB
- Loading Method: Power Tray, Horizontal or Vertical Loading
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 184 X 57 X 250mm (7.25" x 2.25" x 9.9")
- Warranty: 1 year
Read and Write Support
|BD-R (Single Layer/Double Layer/Triple Layer & Quad Layer)
|BD-RE (Single Layer/Double Layer)
|BD-ROM (Single Layer/Double Layer)
|DVD-R (Single Layer/Dual Layer)
|DVD+R (Single Layer/Double Layer)
|DVD-ROM (Single Layer/Double Layer)
- Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, MacBook, Mac mini, or iMac (2006 or newer). Mac OS 10.5.x thru Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan)
- USB 3.0 (Compatible with USB 2.0)
- Included Mac Blu-ray Player Software Requires 2GB RAM and 2.4GHz (or higher) Intel Core 2 Duo Processor or any speed i5 or i7 processor
- External 16X Blu-ray Recordable Drive
- USB 3.0 Cable (Compatible with USB 2.0 Ports)
- (1) 25GB Blank Blu-ray Re-writable (BD-RE) Disc
- *Mac Blu-ray Player Software with One Year License. (Enables full Blu-ray playback for one year upon activation of the software.)