MCE Internal 22X DVD±R/RW "SuperDrive" Upgrade for Mac Pro (2006 - 2008) and Power Mac
Up to 22X DVD Recording on your Mac Pro or Power Mac!
- All-in-one DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-R/RW, DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL recorder designed to offer the widest possible recording and playback compatibility.
- Record to DVD media at up to 22X speed and to CD media at up to 48X speed.
- Up to 12X Double and Dual Layer Burning!
- Write movies, music and data to 4.7GB DVD media or 8.5GB double-layer/dual-layer media
- Tray-loading mechanism installs in 5.25" drive bay
- 2MB cache buffer
- Buffer underrun protection
- Compatible with iDVD, iTunes, iPhoto, Finder Burning, DVD Studio Pro, and Apple DVD Player
- Type: Internal
- Interface: ATA/ATAPI5
- Data Buffer: 2 MB
- Loading Method: Power Tray
- Mounting Orientation: Horizontal and Vertical
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 148mm X 42mm X 170mm
- Warranty: 1 year
- DVD-R 4.7GB, DVD-RW 4.7GB, DVD+R 4.7GB, DVD+RW 4.7GB, DVD+R DL 8.5GB, DVD-R DL 8.5GB, DVD-RAM 4.7GB
- CD-R 700MB (Type 80), CD-R 650MB (Type 74), CD-RW, High Speed CD-RW, Ultra Speed CD-RW
- DVD-ROM & DVD-Video (Single & Dual Layer)
- DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-RAM
- CD-ROM Mode 1, CD-ROM XA Mode 2 (Form1, Form2)
- CD-DA CD-EXTRA (CD Plus), Video CD, Photo-CD (Single or Multi-session)
- CD-Text, CD-R, CD-RW
|Media ||Write (max) ||Read (max) |
|DVD-R (Single Layer/Dual Layer) ||22x (SL) / 12x (DL) ||16x (SL) / 12x (DL) |
|DVD-RW ||6x ||12x |
|DVD+R (Single Layer/Double Layer) ||22x (SL) / 12x (DL) ||16x (SL) / 12x (DL) |
|DVD+RW ||8x ||12x |
|DVD-ROM ||N/A ||16x (SL) / 12x (DL) |
|CD-R ||48x ||48x |
|CD-RW ||32x ||40x |
|CD-ROM ||N/A ||48x |
|DVD-RAM ||12x ||12x |
- Mac Pro (2006-2008), Power Mac G4 or G5, or iMac G4 running Mac OS 10.2 through Mac OS 10.11.x (El Capitan). NOTE: This drive is NOT compatible with the new Mac Pro (2009 - Current).
- Internal 22X DVD-/+R/RW ATAPI/IDE Drive
- Software drivers CD
- Ten (10) Blank DVD-R Discs
- Illustrated Installation Guide for Mac Pro and Power Macs
* Note: A small number of Power Mac systems may need standoffs that are different than the ones mounted on the original internal optical drive. Please make the relevant selection in the "To be installed into" drop down menu above so that the appropriate accessories are included with your order. You may determine the needed information by either physically inspecting the system and internal drive or by launching the Apple System Profiler utility and viewing the contents of the Hardware and ATA sections there.