The iBook hard drive upgrade service includes:
From the time we receive the computer at the MCE Service Center in Irvine, California to the time we send it back out is generally 1-2 business days. Once the upgrade has been completed the computer will be returned according to the shipping option selected at the time of ordering.
- New 160GB/5400RPM hard drive
- Installation of the new hard drive into your iBook
- Data transfer from the original hard drive to the new hard drive
Installation by MCE Technologies or an MCE Authorized Upgrade Center is required. Order online here only if you want to have the upgrade procedure performed by MCE Technologies at our Irvine, California Service Center, to which you will send the computer as outlined below. If you would rather not ship your computer to our facility, but instead take it to a local MCE Authorized Upgrade Center which stocks and can install this drive, please contact the Upgrade Center you may be interested in for their pricing and availability.
To have the upgrade procedure performed by MCE Technologies:
- Select the drive you want and place your order with us here online, or by calling 800-500-0622. International customers, please call 949-458-0800.
- If you order online here, be sure to select the checkbox next to the "I understand that by placing this online order..." note above and then click the "Add to Cart" or "Backorder" button.
- As with any major upgrade to your computer, it is wise to back up any important data from your computer's internal hard drive before having the upgrade performed on the computer.
- If applicable, disable any password protection that is enabled on your computer.
- If you are running Mac OS X, write down the username and password if necessary for login and include this in the package you send.
- Pack up your computer. Include the battery installed in the computer, but not the AC adapter. Also include username and password info if necessary for logging in to the computer. Suitable packaging consists of either the computer's original box and padding or a comparably protective package. Do not send the computer in any of the slim boxes that many of the major shippers offer, as these do not provide sufficient protection for your laptop. If you no longer have the original box, FedEx sells a laptop-shipping package, specifically designed for shipping laptop computers, at any of their staffed locations.
- Send the computer to the address below. You may send the unit to MCE by the courier of your choice. We do recommend using a courier service with which you can insure and track the progress of the shipment.
30 Hughes, Suite 203
Irvine, CA 92618
attn: (your order number)
MCE telephone: (949) 458-0800