fovea /fo·vea/ (fo´ve-ah) n. Small area of the retina responsible for the highest acuity of vision. The fovea comprises less than 1% of retinal size but takes up over 50% of the visual cortex in the brain.
Sleek and elegant, the MCE Fovea Extreme Blu-ray/DVD/CD Recordable USB Drive connects directly to your MacBook Pro with Retina Display and allows you to watch Blu-ray titles in all their stunning high definition and magnificence precisely the way they were meant to be watched. The MCE Fovea Extreme also records onto Blu-ray media so once you're finished editing your high definition masterpieces you can record them onto Blu-ray discs and watch them on standard set-top Blu-ray players or record data, images, music, or video onto Blu-ray Discs for distribution or archival purposes. The MCE Fovea Extreme is also compatible with the MacBook Air, Mac mini, or ANY other MacBook Pro, MacBook, iMac, or Mac Pro. The MCE Fovea Extreme features a single USB cable attached to the drive. At less than a pound, it travels light and fits neatly into your laptop case your any travel bag. It's bootable, great for installing software, and plays and burns Blu-ray (BD) Discs, DVDs and CDs.
- Watch visually stunning commercial High Definition Blu-ray movies right on your MacBook Pro with Retina Display, MacBook Air, Mac mini, or any Mac with USB Port!
- Includes Mac Blu-ray Player Software for watching commercial Blu-ray* and DVD movies on your Mac!
- Elegant Slot-loading mechanism
- Blu-ray BD-R and BD-RE (Rewritable) Single and Dual Layer Burning!
- Can burn to Blu-ray BDXL Triple Layer (TL) 100GB and Quad Layer (QL) 128GB BD-R XL and Triple Layer BD-RE XL media!
- Double and Dual Layer DVD Burning!
- All-in-one BD-R/RE, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-R/RW, DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL reader/recorder designed to offer the widest possible playback compatibility.
- Record to Blu-ray media at up to 6x speed, DVD media at up to 8x speed and to CD media at up to 24x speed.
- Write movies, music and data to 25GB or 50GB Blu-ray media, 4.7GB DVD media or 8.5GB double-layer/dual-layer media
- 5.8MB cache buffer
- Buffer underrun protection
- Compatible with iDVD, iTunes, iPhoto, Finder Burning, and DVD Studio Pro1
- Type: External
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Data Buffer: 5.8 MB
- Loading Method: Slot
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5.44 x 5.56 x 0.7 inches
- Net Weight: 15 ounces
- Warranty: 1 year
- BD-R 25GB / 50GB, BD-RE 25GB / 50GB, BD-R XL (TL/QL) 100GB / 128GB, BD-RE XL (TL) 100GB
- DVD-R 4.7GB, DVD-RW 4.7GB, DVD+R 4.7GB, DVD+RW 4.7GB, DVD+R DL 8.5GB, DVD-R DL 8.5GB
- CD-R 700MB (Type 80), CD-R 650MB (Type 74), Multi-Speed CD-RW,CD-RW, High Speed CD-RW
- BD-ROM (Single & Dual Layer)
- BD-R / BD-R LTH (Single Layer/Dual Layer)
- BD-RE (Single Layer/Dual Layer)
- BD-R XL (Triple Layer/Quad Layer)
- BD-RE XL (Triple Layer)
- DVD-ROM & DVD-Video (Single & Dual Layer)
- DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL
- CD-ROM (Mode 1 and 2), CD-ROM XA
- CD-DA, Video CD, Photo-CD, CD EXTRA
- CD-Text, CD-R, CD-RW
|BD-R / BD-R LTH (Single Layer/Dual Layer)
||6x (SL) / 4.5x (DL)
|BD-RE (Single Layer/Dual Layer)
||2x (SL) / 2x (DL)
|BD-R (Triple Layer/Quad Layer)
||4x (TL) / 4x (QL)
|BD-RE (Triple Layer)
|DVD-R (Single Layer/Dual Layer)
||8x (SL) / 6x (DL)
|DVD+R (Single Layer/Double Layer)
||8x (SL) / 6x (DL)
- Mac OS 10.5 thru 10.12 (Sierra)
- Included Mac Blu-ray Player Software requires: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor or Better, or any i5 or i7 processor plus 4GB RAM or more for smooth playback of commercial Blu-ray titles.
- MCE External USB Blu-ray Recordable Drive with integrated USB Cable
- *Mac Blu-ray Player Software with One Year License. (Enables full Blu-ray playback for one year upon activation of the software.)
- User's Guide
- Blank BD-RE Disc
1DVD Studio Pro records to DVD media only. Blu-ray authoring requires additional software such as Toast 15 Titanium with High-Def/Blu-ray Disc Plug-in available as a bundle with this drive.