World's Fastest External Blu-ray Drive for Your Mac!
PRODUCT UPDATE: Watch your favorite Blu-ray titles in stunning high definition directly on your Mac with the free Mac Blu-ray Player Software now included with every Blu-ray drive from MCE Technologies!
Blu-ray Disc (BD) technology, with its ability to record to 25GB single-layer and 50GB dual-layer discs, is the next generation in optical disc storage and MCE Technologies has brought it to the Mac. In addition to writing to 25GB single-layer and 50GB dual-layer Blu-ray discs, the MCE Technologies 14X Blu-ray External Recordable Drive is compatible with all DVD and CD recordable media including DVD+/-R/RW + Dual/Double Layer, DVD-RAM, and CD-R and CD-RW. The MCE Technologies 14X Blu-ray External Recordable Drive includes a free 25GB Blu-ray (BD-RE) rewritable disc. You may also purchase Roxio Toast 11 Pro which includes the HD/BD Plugin plus over $300 in additional software for $80, almost half off the retail price of $149!
- All-in-one recorder designed to offer the widest possible burning compatibility
- Read and record Blu-ray media at up to 14x speeds!
- Author hi-def Blu-ray videos using optional Roxio Toast, Adobe, or Apple Final Cut software
- Archive up to 25GB on single-layer or up to 50GB on dual-layer Blu-ray media
- Author movies, write music and data to 25GB and 50GB Blu-ray media, 4.7GB DVD media or 8.5GB double-layer/dual-layer media
- Watch commercial Blu-ray movies right on your Mac with the bundled Mac Blu-ray Player Software.*
- 4MB cache buffer
- Buffer underrun protection
- Type: External
- Interface: USB 3.0 (Backwards Compatible with USB 2.0)
- Data Buffer: 4MB
- Loading Method: Power Tray, Horizontal or Vertical Loading
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 184 X 57 X 250mm (7.25" x 2.25" x 9.9")
- Warranty: 1 year
Read and Write Support
|BD-R (Single Layer/Double Layer/Triple Layer & Quad Layer)
|BD-RE (Single Layer/Double Layer)
|BD-ROM (Single Layer/Double Layer)
|DVD-R (Single Layer/Dual Layer)
|DVD+R (Single Layer/Double Layer)
|DVD-ROM (Single Layer/Double Layer)
- Intel Mac or Mac with a PowerPC 1GHz or higher G4 or G5 running Mac OS 10.4.x or higher
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Blu-ray authoring software requires Mac OS 10.4.8 or higher (10.5 or higher recommended), 250MB of free disk space to install, up to 15GB of temporary free disk space during usage and QuickTime 7.1.3 or higher
- Included Mac Blu-ray Player Software Requires 4GB RAM and 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor minimum
- External 14x Blu-ray Recordable Drive
- USB Cable, eSATA cable
- (1) 25GB Blank Blu-ray Re-writable (BD-RE) Disc
- *Mac Blu-ray Player Software with One Year License. (Enables full Blu-ray playback for one year upon activation of the software.)